The demand for trained labour in India was expanding across industries, necessitating the introduction of a world-class skill development programme in mission mode to face the challenge of teaching the skills necessary by a growing economy.
National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC)
NSDC was set up to narrow the existing gap between the demand and supply of skills. It aims to promote skill development by catalyzing creation of large, quality and for-profit vocational institutions.
Further, the organisation provides funding to build scalable and profitable vocational training initiatives.
NSDC acts as a catalyst in skill development by providing funding to enterprises, companies and organizations that provide skill training. It also develops appropriate models to enhance, support and coordinate private sector initiatives. The differentiated focus on 37 sectors under NSDC’s purview and its understanding of their viability will make every sector attractive to private investment.
Among the several initiatives taken by NSDC, following are the initiatives which enable skill development in Electric Mobility:
1. Automotive Skills Development Council (ASDC)
ASDC is the first Sector Skill Council of India, promoted by the Automobile Industry through Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM), Automotive Component Manufacturers Association (ACMA) and Federation of Automobile Dealers Association (FADA) and Government of India represented by Department of Heavy Industry and National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC).
ASDC is founded to build a sustainable skill development ecosystem to ensure adequate availability of quality workforce to meet the automotive industry requirements.
To find out New and Reskilling Jobs in the various sub-sectors of the Automotive Industry, click below.
Currently, ASDC is working in following areas-
1. Standardizing of Qualification Packs (QPs): - QPs lists down the job roles as per the industry requirement, prepared along with experts from the industry. Every job role linked to EV industry is listed here along with details such as Industry, Educational Qualification needed for the role, etc. A snippet of one of the job role is attached for your reference:
To find out about the jobs generated through introduction of Electric Mobility, click below.
2. Curriculum and content: - Curriculum and content is developed based on the QPs. To find out more about the curriculum and content, click below.
3. Training of Trainers and Assessors: - To assure the overall quality of training and standardization, the trainers and assessors are trained. To find out more about the training of trainers, click below.
4. Standardized and Assured Assessments & Certifications: - ASDC have deployed TCS iON Digital Assessment Platform to ensure credibility, reliability and robustness of the Skill Assessment process.To know more about the Affiliated Assessment Agency, click below.
5. Online Learning Hub: - Digital learning platform which features online courses, and assessments enabling users to effectively learn at their own pace and place of choice and get certified. Industry can make their existing/new content available on the platform for purchase. Industry need not to transfer their proprietary to anyone. To know more about the courses, click below.
6. Listing Platform for candidates and potential employers: - ASDC with TCS iON is creating a Listing Platform for certified candidates and employers for listing Job vacancies. Real time inventory of skilled workforce will be available to the Industry by providing them access in this listing platform.
2. Skill India Portal
National Skill Development Corporation under the guidance of the Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship has introduced an initiative which allows aspirant candidates to register for skill training/learning and employment opportunities through the online portal. To find out more about the initiative, click below.
3. Skill council for green jobs (SCGJ)
Skill Council for Green Jobs is one of the initiatives of the Government of India aligned to the National Skill Development Mission. It is promoted by the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) and Confederation of Indian Industry (CII).
But, what are Green Jobs? Green jobs are decent jobs that contribute to preserve or restore the environment, be they in traditional sectors such as manufacturing and construction, or in new, emerging green sectors such as renewable energy and energy efficiency.
Mission of SCGJ: To identify skilling needs of service users as well as manufacturers/ service providers, within Green Businesses sector, and implement nation-wide, Industry led, collaborative skills development & entrepreneur development initiatives that will enable meet India’s potential for “Green Businesses”.
SCGJ acts as a bridge between the Government of India, State Governments and industry for developing strategy & implementing programmes for Skills Development, correlated to Industry needs but also aligned to best International practices. A national level data base of skilled manpower is proposed to be created which can be directly utilised by the industry
To know about affiliated training centers, click below.
DHI Centre of excellence for electric mobility
ARAI, premier research and certification institute in the country supports automotive industry for development, evaluation, and certification for Electric Vehicles development. Centre of Excellence (CoE) for all types of Electric Vehicles and their components such as traction batteries, motors, controllers, chargers etc. has been set up by ARAI. This centre will support the government`s electric mobility mission to scale up electric vehicles in India. To know more about the CoE, click below.